A few of our previous blog posts have focused on places; things to see; events and activities in Metro Washington D.C. Now, however, we’re going to turn our attention to Northern Virginia!
According to About Travel (http://about.com), 15 attractions have been labeled as “must see” in Northern Virginia. These include monuments; museums; parks; historic sites; performance venues and much more. For instance:
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Arlington House – the former home of Robert E. Lee
- Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens – George Washington’s family home located on the shores of the Potomac River.
- Great Falls National Park – impressive 800-acre park located along the Potomac River offering hiking, picnic opportunities, kayaking, rock climbing, bicycling and horseback riding. Don’t forget to bring your camera (or cell phone)!
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center – This is the Northern Virginia location of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, adjacent to Dulles International Airport.
- Iwo Jima Memorial – one of the most prized attractions in Northern Virginia.
- U.S. Air Force Memorial – honors those who have served in the United States Air Force.
- Wolf Trap National Park – This National Park hosts a wide range from performances from pop and country to blues and opera (and everything in between).
- Manassas National Battlefield Park – This 5,000-acre park preserves the sites of the First and Second Battles of Manassas during the Civil War.
- …and much more!
If you’re planning a trip to visit these many attractions in Northern Virginia, give us a call at (703) 550-7200. We’ll help you determine your best mode of chauffeured transportation in one of our comfortable limousines or a party bus, depending on the size of your party and destination.
Enjoy your trip with your family, friends and guests. With American Eagle Limousine, you’ll never need to worry about directions; travel; traffic; construction zones, etc. Just sit back and relax!
Here are a few more sites that will help you discover more about attractions in Northern Virginia:
Northern Virginia Information – http://northernva.com
Northern Virginia / Virginia is for Lovers – http://Virginia.org/regions/northernvirginia/
Northern Virginia Magazine – http://northernvirginiamag.com/
Northern Virginia Regional Parks – http://novaparks.com/
Northern Virginia Wine – http://virginiawine.org/regions/northern-virginia/
(Flickr Photo by Amanda Walker)