Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year! This year, the annual shop-until-you-drop frenzy takes place on Friday, November 25 (always the day after Thanksgiving).
Remember last year? Many big box retail chains and other stores opened on Thanksgiving Day and, since that was a poor public relations (and employee relations) decision, the majority of stores have moved back to being closed on Thanksgiving Day and open at 6 a.m. on Black Friday?
Are you ready? Here are some tips and tricks to help you plan:
- Begin to study the ads in local newspapers and online now. You might find some good “pre-Black Friday” sales.
- If you are waiting for Black Friday shopping deals, make sure you buy a local newspaper on Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving). This is when all the major retailers will advertise their door-buster sales.
- Plan your strategy and look for the best deals. Based on your budget and the items you are looking to buy, develop a Black Friday game plan.
- Try, if you can, to drive the least amount as possible. Remember, shopping centers and malls will be jammed packed with people and cars. Parking will be a premium.
- Team up with your spouse and children and split up the shopping duties in order to have greater opportunities at the deals. While one part is at the mall, the other party can be at a big box retail store.
- Pack some snacks and bottled water in your car (or purse, etc.) in order to get a quick energy boost and keep shopping. This will save you a lot of time from standing in line at the pretzel stand. Reward yourself with lunch!
For many, Black Friday is a family or friend tradition, so make the most of it; be patient, and have lots of fun!
If you’re not in the mood for early-morning shopping the day after Thanksgiving, you can look forward to:
- Saturday, November 26 – Small Business Saturday, sponsored by American Express. Always on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, this is an opportunity to shop your local, independent retail stores and restaurants.
- Monday, November 28 – Cyber Monday where you can find deals (and those items you didn’t find on Black Friday) online.
Of course, the BEST way to travel during Black Friday is with a limousine or party bus rental from American Eagle Limousine! You can pile the gang in one of our luxurious vehicles and we’ll take you from mall-to-mall and store-to-store. No need to worry about parking or traffic! We’ll even drop you off at the front door! Plus, there’s plenty of room for your gifts and treasures!
Call us at (703) 550-7200 for details and reservatioins!